About the software
In order to increase confidence and investigations into new projects, this software has been designed for project developers and public authorities that are investigating the potential of new geothermal power plants. Project costs, the financing model and business plan can now be pre-checked and validated using the new tool.
Specifically, users can check:
• Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
• Net Present Value (NPV)
• pay back time
• levelised cost of electricity production
• profit and Loss
• balance sheet
• cash flow
This software can be used with all three geothermal electricity technologies: conventional geothermal (hydrothermal, high temperature) with dry steam and flash steam turbines, low temperature hydrothermal geothermal with binary turbines (ORC and Kalina Cycle), and Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS)
How to Use
1. Click on the appropriate button below
2. Save the application when instructed. If you do not have Java installed, will need to extract the downloaded files before using the programme. You will be prompted to do so on opening.
3. Open the application and click ‘run’
The GeoElec consortium accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this software.